Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hello I am Amy, AKA Dog Dinner

This is for all of you peeps who always thought my fear of dogs was silly.....


Yep those are dog bites. Bite number 1 is on my arm. Obviously my arm wasn't satisfying enough so she decided to go a second round with my leg. You know those stories you hear about unlucky people that trip over their feet and face plant it on the ground, or get jumped by their Dad's family hound dog who has never EVER bitten a soul? Yep that would be me...... the unlucky one. The good news is that I think Dan and the boys will let the "lets get a dog" talk go for a while, and I am hoping getting bit by a dog is kind of like hitting your "funny bone" in the sense that when you do it, you know you are not due for another hit for a while. Other than a heightened already high fear of dogs and a tender arm and leg I am perfectly fine, and have been left with some totally Rad battle wounds (seriously my boys think I am the toughest thing around). But I assure you if we do ever get a dog it will be a plastic one that you put on your porch like a lawn gnome.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Remember when I lost a cheek to Stacie's dog in 7th grade? I still jump at every dog that barks at me and I refuse to get out of the car if I pull up to someone's house and am greeted by their dog. I honk the horn till someone rescues me. I'm that girl. I say embrace it and milk it for all it's worth.

Joleen Rowley said...

When I was 5 years old I had a dog bite me in the face. I still have a fear of dogs to this day. Peter wants to get a dog and I won't let him. My neighbors dog always runs up to us when we are going for our nightly walk and I always grab Janeen and hide behind Peter. Our neighbor is always like "oh she is nice and won't hurt anyone" but I don't care if she has never hurt anyone before....the dog that bit my face had never bitten anyone either. I totally understand your fear.

Kevin and Heather said...

Oh Amy I am so sorry! That looks horrible!

byebyedays said...

AMY!!!! I love you!!!!!