Thursday, July 5, 2012

Disneyland Vacation: Let the Disney explosion begin

Monday we headed to disneyland. Perfect hotel, PERFECT. We got free breakfast and it was literally right across the street. You couldn't get any closer. Loved it. Of course we got our official "In front of the flowered Mickey" picture and then hopped on the old fire engine for a ride to the castle. So far so good. Kids were in Heaven!

*Side note: Two best decisions 1. Matching bright shirts. Seriously saved us many MANY times because we could spot everyone. 2. Fanny Pack. Did I look like a dorky tourist sporting both? Yes, but did I care? You bet your shoes I didn't care, it was convenient and sooooo worth it. I may never do disneyland again without matching shirts and a fanny pack.

Our first ride....Pirates Of The Caribbean of course. Now had I thoguht this one through I would have NOT made that decision. My super excited 4 year old turned into a super terrified 4 year old about 45 seconds into the ride. He made it thru despite his terrified cries (literal tears) that he wanted to go home, and then we headed to Splash mountian (second mistake) by the end of that ride Noah was DONE with rides....he was scared to go on every ride, and I mean EVERY ride thereafter. After a LOT of coaxing I managed to get him on Small World. He wasnt cured, but he immediatly fell in love and before the trip ended Small world would be ridden at least 10 times. Lets change the subject I dont want to think about Small World anymore....










 Let me introduce you to a Lendgend all in its own....the "Spinny Hat." Noah has talked about getting a "Spinny Hat" ever since his good buddy Ryan came back from disneyland with one. You even mentioned Disneyland Noah would tell you he wants a "Spinny Hat." So when we found are way to the hat store, this little boy was thrilled. He didnt even want to entertain the thought of a different kind of hat. He knew what he wanted. So of course we got the hat and that thing only came off to sleep or swim. The moment he woke up the hat would go on. It turned out to be one of my favorite things about the trip, seeing the love he had for that hat.






 Anthon was fearless. He wanted to do everything, and he did. It was so fun watching him and his cousins go on all the rides without reservation. He was a dream. I was so proud of him, for being able to walk what seemed to be like 10 miles a day, and to be adventurous and try all the rides without a second thought. I was nervous when we boarded Space Mountain because he had no idea what we were getting into, and he wanted to ride with Paul. They loved it of course. They are 7 year old boys, what did I expect ;)


Camden was a trooper. He didn't care for Pirates much but was perfectly content to ride around in the stroller all day as long as we kept throwing food at him :)

No comments: