Sunday, April 7, 2013

My beautiful grandma

In February my dear sweet grandma passed away. It was tough It IS tough. I have always been extremely close to my grandma. It is a whole new level of sadness, different than I have ever felt. I had and have no idea how to exist in a world where she is not physically here, or just a phone call away. I miss her every day.  I had the honor of speaking at my grandmas funeral. I had always heard people tell how their loved ones who passed were their strength that got them through the tough funeral days. I am 100% certain that is exactly what happened. The minute we got in the car to drive to the cemetery after the funeral, I was hit with a wall of pain and emotion. My grandma had helped me get through what I need to, then it was my turn to cry, and cry I did.....and do. My grandma was the most amazing and selfless person I have ever known. She was and is a rock and cornerstone to who I am today. I will forever be indebted to her for teaching me and loving me. I will miss her everyday until that beautiful day when I get to be embraced by my grandma's loving hugs once again, and I am so thankful for my faith and knowledge that promises me that I most certainly will see her again, and the happiness that brings me is stronger than any sadness I feel. :)









1 comment:

Joleen Rowley said...

This post makes me sad because I lost my Grandma in October and I miss her so much. So sorry, I know how hard it is but you will see her again.